The highest summit of the Central Massif, the Puy de Sancy (1886m), opens the doors of its kingdom to reveal its most beautiful jewels: the lakes and volcanoes of the Auvergne. Each day, you will go in search of a new Grail: there, a lake, a real pearl in its green setting. Here, a waterfall with a flowing stream. And further on, a Romanesque church where the stones tell you their story. This 7-day version allows you to enjoy the three valleys around the volcano: Dordogne, Chaudefour and Fontaine salée.
From 770 €Contact us
DEPARTURES AND PRICES
Departures from 1st May to 15 October 2023
Without baggage transport
770€ per person comfort accommodation.
+ 230€ for a single room.
Single departure: extra fee + 30€
With baggage transport
990€ per person comfort accommodation for 2 people.
870€ per person comfort accommodation for 3 to 6 people.
+ 230€ for a single room.
Single departure: extra fee + 190€
Information and reservation is simple by telephone or e-mail
The price includes:
The price does not include:
The price is all inclusive from departure to end point.
Welcoming at the end of afternoon on the hotel.
HIKING AROUND THE MONT-DORE
Two possibilities :
- Circuit of the Lac de Guéry and the Puy Gros: loop starting from the little town of Mont-Dore. From the bottom of the valley to the Puy Gros plateau and from streams to clearings, the ascent opens onto the Guéry summer pasture areas. During this day, it is possible to make a return trip to the summit of Puy Gros. From the summit, the old work of the glaciers is obvious, in the perspective of the Mont-Dore valley.
4h00 walking / Elevation: +/- 400 m
- Circuit des cascades: a slightly more sporting route, rising to 1738m at the top of the Puy de l'Angle. On the way, 3 waterfalls (the big waterfall, the Rossignolet and Queureuilh waterfalls) and a rollercoaster ride on the ridges (Puys de l'Angle, de Barbier, de la Monne and de la Tache), beautiful views of the Sancy massif.
6h00 walking / Elevation: +/- 760 m
MONT-DORE - LAC CHAMBON
This route begins with an ascent to the Durbise plateau. This plateau is full of sheeps from May to October. Passage in the puy des Crebasses (1762 m) along a line of ridges that border the Chaudefour valley. Descent to the old station of Chambon-des-Neiges and then to the Chambon lake. Possibility of swimming, pedal boat rent...
Night in a hotel at the Chambon lake.
6h00 walking / Elevation: + 600 m - 1050m
AROUND LAKE CHAMBON
- Circuit of lake Chambon: from the beach of Lake Chambon, this loop leads to the strombolian volcano of Tartaret and then to the hill of Murol. This is crowned by a citadel commanding the entire Couze Chambon valley, a well-preserved building probably dating from the 12th century (medieval shows in summer!). Passing by the dent du Marais and discovering its panorama on the Sancy.
3h00 walking / Elevation: +/- 270 m
- The Roche Romaine circuit: this loop is proposed in a sector rich in geological features (Roche-Romaine, small cones of the Tartaret lava flow). The Bessoles plateau offers wide views over the Jassat plain and the Adventif massif.
4h00 walking / Denivelé : +/- 230 m
LAKE CHAMBON - BESSE
From the lake, the itinerary reachs Courbanges and then the little village of Besse. Passage by the Courbanges forest and the mountain of Dourbise.
Night in hotel in Besse.
5h00 walking / Elevation: + 500 m - 300 m
HIKING AROUND BESSE
- Lake Pavin circuit: the deepest lake of the massif (92m). Lake Pavin has aroused both legends (a town is said to have sunken there) and scientific curiosity. Continue along the banks before climbing the puy de Monchal.
5h00 walking / Elevation: +/- 400 m
- Ourcière circuit: leaving behind the old streets of Besse and the house of Queen Margot, the path descends towards the Couze Pavin and the hamlet of Ourcière. It goes up the Vaucoux valley to return via the Bois de la Reine to the medieval town, a traditional agricultural centre and a dynamic tourist centre.
3h00 walking / Elevation: +/- 400 m
BESSE - THE MONT-DORE
Itinerary that rises from Besse to Super-Besse, a ski resort in the Sancy massif, to cross at the foot of the Puy de Chambourguet. After the Plaine des Moutons, reaching the Puy de Sancy, the highlight of the hike. It is the highest summit of the Massif Central (1886 m). Passage by the crests: puy de Perdrix, col de la cabane... Finally, descent via the Val de Courre where marmots or chamois can be observed.
6h00 walking / Elevation: +950m -650m
End of the trip during the afternoon in the Mont-Dore.
Elevation: +/- 200m to 1000m approximately per day, 2 options of hiking for few days with differents lenght and time.
Walking time: 3 to 7 hours per day.
Type of trek: this tour is not technically difficult and is open to children from 12 years.
Before departure, we send you a travel folder containing:
- 2 IGN TOP 25 with the route highlighted.
- 1 road-book containing all the information necessary for the trek.
- 1 waterproof map holder.
- Accommodation list.
without baggage transport: you carry your baggage.
with baggage transport: your baggage is transported daily by our logistics vehicle.
CONFORT: 6 nights in **/*** hotels.
All room has hot showers.
Breakfast, picnic and dinner are provided in each accommodation.
Ability to easily walk 15km (on the flat) in a maximum of 3 hours.
If this is not the case, we recommend that you train during the three weeks prior to departure, for example running 4-5km or hiking/cycling 3-4 hours, 2 to 3 times per week. Your physical preparation will enable you to enjoy your trek to the maximum.
We can personalise a tour according to your requirements (number of days, participants, level of route, accommodation, etc.)
IGN Top 25 - 2432 ET - Massif du Sancy
From 1st May to 15th October
Meet at your hotel in Mont-Dore, late afternoon.
Clermont-Ferrand SNCF station. Paris - Clermont-Ferrand line, then TER bus to Mont-Dore station.
The schedules given are indicative and must be checked with SNCF
Carte Michelin n°73 or n°239. Mont-Dore is located 50 km southwest of Clermont-Ferrand. Possibility to park your vehicle near the accommodation for the duration of the hike.
End of the hike at Mont-Dore.
TO CONTACT US
If you are late contact the agency
+33 (0)4 50 79 09 16 or +33 (0)6 42 49 76 07
If you are late please contact the agency as soon as possible on: +33 (0)4 50 79 09 16 or +33 (0)6 42 49 76 07
Bring a comfortable backpack of 30 to 40 litres for your personal belongings for the day (warm clothes, waterproofs, water, plate and cutlery for your picnic, sunscreen and your identity papers) and please keep a little room to carry a picnic and snacks.
Your baggage will be transported daily (except Day 3) *** add in if days with no baggage*** between accommodation by our logistics vehicle. You are allowed 1 soft, sports type bag with all your possessions inside, no heavier than 12kg. Your bag has to be carried everyday by the driver, where access is not always easy, please think of their backs! Baggage which is too big and too heavy won't be accepted by the drivers!
If you wish to prolong your holiday, we can safely hold another bag for you which you may leave with us at the departure point and it will be deposited at the end point with your other baggage.