Sardinia reveals fascinating landscapes. It is also a true open-air museum where the remains of the Nuragic civilization abound.
For more convenience and to benefit from a complete overview of the island, this stay is organized with a minibus driven by your attendant who will welcome you at the airport.
Near the rural village of Fonni, a first hike leads to the Gennargentu Mountains Nature Reserve, where sheep and many birds of prey are spotted. After Orgosolo, famous for its "murales", it will be the discovery of Dorgali and the limestone massif of Supramonte: the doline of Tiscali and its nuragic refuge, the imposing gorges of Gorropu and the cove of Cala Luna. Finally, our last accommodation in Santa Maria Navarrese, by the sea, will be the ideal starting point to access Monte Oro and the incredible Cala Goloritze only accessible on foot by the path of the "Carbonai". In the river or in the sea, you will take advantage of the swimming breaks to dive without restraint in a crystal clear water!
Next departure 14/10/23
From 1790 €Book online
|Open departure||1800 €||Book online|
The fares indicated are subject to change according to flight availability.
Supplement single room subject to availability :
Departures from April to October: 240€
Departure May and June: 260€
Departure in September: 180€
The tour takes place from Saturday to Saturday
Does not include:
The tariff refers to the meeting point to the dispersion point.
Personalised tour availableContact us !
Flight from Paris to Olbia at the end of the day. Private transfer to the center of the island, near Lake Gusana. Accommodation for two nights.
Installation at accommodation for two nights. Accommodation/ meals: Overnight + breakfast in hotel ***
GENNARGENTU MASSIF - ORGOSOLO - FONNI
Near Fonni, in the heart of the island, in the nature reserve of the Gennargentu mountains, hike to the Gennargentu and Bruncuspina (1792 m) one of the highest peaks of the island. By the path of the crests, the excursion crosses wide and very wild landscapes. A privileged refuge for sheep, the granite mountain has a typical flora of altitude. In case of bad weather, another hike will be planned in the Supramonte of Orgosolo. On the way back, visit the town of Fonni and its "murals".
5h30 walk/ Positive difference: 750m/ Negative difference: 750m
GUSANA LAKE - MOUNT TISCALI AND NURAGIC VILLAGE - DORGALI
We leave for Dorgali, towards the east coast of the island and the Flumineddu valley. In the isolated lands of Supramonte, the route joins Monte Tiscali, a landmark in the history of Nuragic civilization. This untouched region of Sardinia was often ignored by the great Mediterranean civilizations. Jagged landscapes, entangled with cliffs and jagged ridges, stand around the Tiscali doline, in which is nestled a nuragic refuge (paid visit not included). The end of the hike is enhanced by the visit of the domus of Janas de Biduai. Short transfer to Dorgali and installation in
accommodation for two nights.
4h walk/ Positive difference: 500m/ Negative difference: 500m
CALA DI LUNA
Short transfer by minibus to Punta Malesa. Start on a good path descending in the hundred-year-old holm oaks then walk wild to the gorges of Cala Luna where we will walk in a forest of pink laurels to the white sandy beach. Free time for a swim in the crystal clear waters. Return to departure by the same path.
4h walk/ Positive height difference: 350 m/ Negative height difference: 350 m
Short transfer by minibus in the Fiumineddu valley. Hike in the Gorropu gorge, the deepest canyon in Europe with limestone walls close to 500 m high. Among the blocks worn by the waters and the pink laurels, the course penetrates inside the walls of grey and orange stone at the narrowest place. Swimming possible in the basins of the Riu Flumineddu. Transfer by minibus on the panoramic and tourist route of Oriental Sarda (1h30 approx). Accommodation for three nights in Santa Maria Navarrese, a small seaside resort on the east coast of Sardinia.
5h walk/ Positive altitude difference: 400m/ Negative altitude difference: 400m
Walk from the mountain, the Golgo altipiano, to the sea and discover the natural monuments of Ogliastra including the Su Sterru chasm (one of the rare karst wells as deep as a single bay). Access to the ridges by lookout on the Gulf of Orosei, by the way of the -Carbonai-. to reach the superb cove of Cala Goloritze, dominated by the smooth rock needle of the same name. Free time for a swim and return by boat.
Variant: Return by boat is subject to weather and sea conditions. If conditions do not allow boat trips, the return will be on foot.
3h30 to 4h30 walk/ Positive altitude difference: 400 to 550 m/ Negative altitude difference: 400 to 550 m
MONTE ORO AND PEDRA LONGA
After a short transfer, ascent of Monte Oro which dominates the plain of Arbatax and the hinterland of Ogliastra, the panorama is guaranteed. After access to Pedra Longa, the return to Santa Maria Navarrese is done by a beautiful coastal path along the wild coast.
4 h walk/ Positive altitude difference: 600 m/ Negative altitude difference: 900 m
RETURN FLIGHT TO FRANCE
Transfer by minibus to Olbia airport (or Cagliari). Return flight to Paris.
The program was established based on the last elements known at the time of its writing; imponderables are always possible and situations beyond our control can change the way it is run.
Altitude difference: + / - 350 to 750 m on average per day.
Walking time: 4 to 6 hours on average per day.
Rocky terrain most often. Coastal or mountain trails, most often in the heart of the maquis or in a balcony above the sea. Good physical condition is still required.
This trip was made in collaboration with our local partners, who like us are committed to creating an authentic stay for you.
Number of participants between 4 and 8 people supervised by a qualified professional (mountain guide).
You will be accommodated in a room of 2 people. You can choose, subject to availability, a single room.
The 1st listed hotel *** is located in a green park, in a relaxing environment, close to Lake Gusana.
The 2nd listed hotel **** is located 900 m from the typical village of Dorgali. It has an indoor heated pool.
The 3rd listed hotel *** is located in a quiet area, in the pretty coastal town of Santa Maria Navarrese, 500 m from the beach.
Full board from breakfast from day 2 to lunch from day 8. In Sardinia, meals are a privileged moment, where Sardinians meet. Sardinian cuisine at dinner, varied and often based on simple products: pecorino, ravioli, malloreddus, focaccia, seada, etc. Picnics taken from the bag at lunch, prepared by the companion.
Temperate Mediterranean, sometimes hot in summer, but without making the stay overwhelming. The water temperature is pleasant for swimming at sea from the middle of spring until autumn. Winds marked in the West and at altitude.
Welcome at the airport by your attendant.
Return flights Paris - Olbia or Cagliari, direct flights (low cost airline). On certain dates, flights can be made via Rome or Milan (regular airline). A summons will be sent to you no later than one week before your departure. Airline tickets are in the form of electronic tickets for which you simply have to show up at the check-in counter with your summons and passport.
Your attendant will be waiting for you.
End of stay on Sunday: transfer from your hotel to the airport (2h to 2h30), return flight.
If you are late contact the agency on +33 (0)4 50 79 09 16 or +33 (0)6 42 49 76 07
For the hike:
- for maximum comfort, favour a «multi-layer» clothing system: underwear (tights + swimwear) type "carline" or "capilene" (hollow fibers evacuating perspiration) + waterproof and breathable jacket or fleece jacket + mountain jacket and overpantalon for bad weather.
In general and outside hot countries, avoid cotton that retains moisture near the body (and dries hard) in favor of suitable synthetic materials.
- canvas pants - shorts - T-shirts
- 6-7 pairs of hiking socks
- 1 rain cape or small umbrella
- 1 sun hat, ideally a Saharan cap with visor and neck protection
- 1 scarf to protect from sun and/or wind
- 1 cap and 1 pair of gloves, depending on season and altitude always have them at the bottom of the bag
For the step:
- Change of clothes and comfortable shoes
- "Ear" balls or earplugs
- minimum toiletries + towel
The clothing list must be adapted to the season and region chosen.
For the hike:
- 1 pair of hiking shoes (with waterproof and breathable membrane, type «gore tex» or equivalent) in which you are well! You have to «break» new shoes before going on a hike wearing them a few weeks before to avoid the inconvenience of blisters and warm-ups...
- 1 (or 2) pair of sunglasses with a minimum of 3
- 1 large sturdy plastic bag to wrap clothing and belongings in backpack (in case of heavy rain)
- 1 bottle preferably isothermal of 1 L minimum. Drinking is essential when hiking, 2 gourdes from 1 to 1.5 L will not be luxury in summer and/or in dry and hot regions
- 1 Swiss knife type folding knife + cutlery + cup
- 1 tupperware type bowl with lid for picnics
- toilet paper, tissue
- 1 pair of telescopic sticks, optional, but used to balance and lighten the weight of the body as it descends, and helps during the climb by rhythming the walk and as an additional push
- 1 pocket to hold your papers and values: passport or identity card, insurance contract, health card, vaccination certificate, plane tickets, train tickets, credit card, money...
- 1 small personal pharmacy (non-exhaustive list to be adapted according to your own medical needs): pre-cut sterile dressings, local antiseptic for external use (wounds), elastoplasty and/or double skin (ampoules), paracetamol analgesic type, Antidiarrheal and intestinal antiseptic, Antispasmodic, Antihistamine (allergies), physiological serum or eye drops, light sleeping pill, high protection sunscreen for the skin and lips, Biaffine type moisturizer (sunburn and burns), cream or antimoustic spray, Arnica Montana in pellets 9 CH (soreness)...
For the step:
- 1 pair of light sandals.
- 1 backpack from 35 to 40 L with ventilated back, adjustable and equipped with a belly belt, which can contain the food of the day, the canteen, a protective clothing, the camera...
- 1 soft travel bag (excluding hard suitcases) to hold the extra business for the week to be entrusted to the carriers. Warning! Only one bag per person not exceeding 10 kg. Any excess may be refused.